Guilford Colliery, also known as Waldershare Colliery,. Located in an isolated rural spot, all equipment and materials had to be hauled over farm fields or down muddy tracks, an impossibility in winter.
Three shafts were sunk but water was discovered at 1346ft and work stopped in 1910. Guilford Colliery was sold, to a French company in 1919 who tried to use cementation to seal the shafts from water. This failed and the colliery was abandoned in 1921.
Guilford Colliery 5 Plank Coal wagon Weathered
Running Number No 1
Exclusive to us Made by Dapol